Subject: Re: Surface cut and paste
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 03:43:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Oct 1995, Scott McCabe wrote:

> 
> Gotta 'nother question here. I've got a spaceship with lots of other objects
> on it. Now I want to change the ship's body a little bit. Is it possiable to
> highlight the body's surface (with out doing it manually) and cut and paste 
> it to another layer to be worked on?

Yup...if you named the ship's body polygons to something different from 
all the other polygon surface names, then highlight Polygon at the bottom 
of the screen, press the 'w' key, and then select the polygon surface name 
that you want to highlight.

This is one of the big reasons why I encourage people to name the 
polygons of every object part to something different.  In this case, when 
you modeled the ship's body, you should have named the polygon surfaces 
to something "SpaceShipBody", and then all the add-ons would follow a 
similar naming procedure, like "SpaceShipEngines", "SpaceShipCockpit", 
"SpaceShipLasers", etc.

This will also help you quickly locate the exact surface name you want 
to change when tweaking surface attributes from Layout's Surface panel.

                                     -David Warner

--
David Warner <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]